Thanks to the lovely days spent in the sun, my current brand Tarte no longer matches my skin tone.
So it was time for me to start looking for a new makeup brand.
And I found an amazing brand that works for my combo skin type.
Some of the top makeup brands that I tried were by Kat Von D and Cover Fx. And I was so excited to try them but, sadly their foundation colors were not a match for my skin tone.
Yet, I was determined to find a new makeup brand.
And it must have been my lucky day because I found Lush Cosmetics walking out of Sephora.
Lush really intrigued me by stating that their makeup products are handmade and fresh.
Their packaging tells you who made the product, when they made it and when it expires. Brownie points for taking the guess-work out of that for me!
Other than that there was no expectations of what the products would look like on.
First thoughts on the products:
- The face moisturizer, feels really light, calming and it makes my face feel extremely soft.
- The foundation (now, discontinued), has a very cooling effect and it helps even out my skin tone.
- The skin tint feels a bit more like a creamy mousse yet goes one very light so it’s definitely build-able.
- The mascara; I love it because it separates my eyelashes individually. Yet, I’m able to build it, giving me that natural look I love.
- The emotional brilliance setting powder seems amazing but I’ll give you an update once I wear it for a few hours (update here).
After putting the products on, I started to love them even more because the makeup was so lightweight and natural.
I really felt good on my skin and I love not having that dry caked look that other products give me because of my combo skin type!
By far Lush has the best natural products that I’ve come across.
Here are some of the factors that I considered when I was researching new makeup brands. Note: The answers in teal are specific to Lush Cosmetics.
- What is in their ingredients? You’ll have to look at each product to see their ingredients. They’re very transparent on which are natural and safe synthetics. Each product‘s ingredients are listed on their website.
- What other products does the brand offer? They have soaps, deodorants, scrubs, shampoo/conditioner, body lotions, fresh face masks, and much more.
- Do they carry foundations for olive skin tones? Yes!
- Can I try it on before I buy? Yes, go check out a location near you!
I hope this review helps you and happy shopping!