I don’t know about you but I love going to coffee shops and having a good latte with the girls.
Except on rainy days not an ounce of me wants to leave the house.
So I hope you love latte’s as much as I do, because I’m set on figuring out how to make the best homemade latte.
I will say that I am guilty of having my espresso machine sitting in my pantry.
But now, I have the motivation to start using it again, just in time for fall.
Plus, who wouldn’t want a delicious latte at home!
So I went through several tutorials and I finally found a video that I loved. Created by eHow Food, hosting Joey Papa who is clear and detailed on how to make a good homemade latte.
It took me a little while before I got the hang of things.
And just to make sure I didn’t miss anything I made quick recap notes for you in case you didn’t want to watch the whole video.
Here’s what you’ll need to make the perfect latte at home:
- Espresso machine
- Milk pitcher
- Single or Double-shot filter
- Espresso Tamper (make sure its the right size)
- Water, enough to fill the tank
- Finely Ground Espresso Coffee
- Your choice of milk
A few key takeaways from the video are:
- Make sure to stop the espresso once the color starts to change.
- Stop stemming your milk once it quiets down.
- This is really important…use a white mug, trust me, it makes a difference.
- Also, make sure to keep your espresso machine clean. If you notice a slight funny taste, it’s time to clean out your espresso machine. I usually run vinegar and water about 4 times through it to clean it out.
The one thing I still need to improve on is my latte art but for now I’m happy with making a good homemade latte.
I do have to say that I’m improving each day and I love not having to leave the house for one.